Our Mission and Vision
Mission (Our Purpose)
Our purpose is to glorify God.
We do this in three ways:
- Love God
- Love Others
- Serve the World.
We work toward this goal in four ways:
- Relationship with God
Foundations (Our Core Values)
- We worship the Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength.
- In following our Savior and guided by the Holy Spirit, we are committed to teaching and living by the Word of God.
- We envision a community in which people love and help one another, working for unity, friendship, hospitality, and fun.
- We share the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ through words and works, locally and globally.
Key Result Areas (Our Plan)
- We desire that all leaders and members support and participate together in our mission.
- We will reach out to unbelievers and the unchurched with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We will help people become well grounded in the doctrines of the historic, orthodox Christian faith.
- We will identify, train, and coach those who are gifted by the Holy Spirit to serve and lead.
- We value families as the best environment for the discipling of children and teens.
- We are a multi-ethnic family, and we work for unity in our diversity.
- We value prayer, since our goals cannot be achieved by human effort.
- Conduct weekly worship services and a children’s church.
- Special themed worship services will be held occasionally, including prayer services, youth services, mission reports, outdoor services, and opportunities to invite friends.
- Conduct a speech club that trains and edifies members, with an annual more formal event.
- Train existing ministry leaders and encourage the development of assistant leaders.
- Sponsor a mission activity each year internationally, domestically, or locally.
- Maintain a website that serves existing members and is a tool to help bring in new members.
- Improve our visibility in the Glendora area.
- Continual prayer for the people and activities of our fellowship.