Meet Our Pastor & Family
Pastor Bermie serves as pastor for Grace Life, a congregation of Grace Communion International.
Bermie and his wife, Carmelita (Millet), served as pastor for twelve years in the Philippines. They pastored churches in Central Luzon and Mindanao, Philippines (1984-1996). They also served for twelve years as directors in the Philippine Summer Education Program camps. In October 1996, he and his family were transferred to the USA to pastor.
Bermie now serves as full-time pastor for Grace Life, and the Los Angeles congregation of Grace Communion International. He is also an advisory council member with SEP (Spiritual Enrichment Program) camp, a member of GCIâ€™s SoCal Church Planting Network, and he is a member of the American Association of Christian Counselors.
Bermie and Millet have four grown children. The oldest, Ben (married to Cassie), finished his B.S. in Psychobiology at UCLA and is now working for the US government outside of California. The second eldest, Carmel, finished her Licensed Vocational Nursing course at Marian College and is now working as Charge Nurse. She lives with her husband Matt and two young children in Colorado. Â The third child, Abel, recently earned a Civil Engineering PhD from Caltech. He is married to Gelli, and they live in Orange County. Â The youngest, David, is studying Aerospace Engineering at CalPoly Pomona, and serves as part of the worship team for both Grace Life and the LA congregation.
Bermie finished his Masters degree (M.A. in Christian Education) at Azusa Pacific Seminary and received his B.A. in Theology degree in Pasadena, CA. His wife earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry in the Philippines and her Theology degree with her husband in Pasadena. She works as a Treatment Nurse in a Convalescent Hospital in Pasadena and a visiting Nurse with a Home Health company.
Pastor Bermie can be contacted at (626) 590-4985 (cell) or (626) 345-9134 (home).
My Lifeâ€™s Calling
My lifeâ€™s calling is to constantly trust and exalt our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the grace and power of God, to fully become all that God has created and saved me for (Phil. 3:12-14). I will do everything I can to maximize the gifts I have been given in an effort to give God all the glory and make a difference for his Kingdom.
My Lifeâ€™s Goals
- I will contribute to the continual growth and advancement of the body of Christ (the church) on earth by being involved in the formation and equipping of spiritual leaders who are capable of multiplying my efforts. If God wills it, I will seek to plant churches by growing leaders and pastors.
- I will be in constant contact with our Lord Almighty through the Holy Spirit to receive wisdom, courage and strength.
- I will devote quality time to my wife, Carmelita, in an effort to love her, share my life with her, and be a friend and encourager for her as she uses her unique gifts, abilities, and interests in serving God.
- I will devote my time, treasure, talent, and emotions to my four children, Ben (with wife Cassie), Carmel (with husband Matt and children), Abel (with wife Gelli and their child), and David so that they may all be nourished spiritually and will continue to love Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- I will treat every person I relate with exactly as I would like to be treated and do all in my power, with Godâ€™s help, to make them feel valued and loved as individuals of genuine worth. I will share Godâ€™s love to all by sharing to them the greatest gift that God is offering them (salvation through Christ).
- I will love my family by taking care of this physical body God gave me. I will make sure I get good diet, exercise, proper sleep and positive attitude so that I am physically fit for my age and will be able to live out the calling God gave me :-).
- I will seek to improve myself by nurturing my mind and my soul with personal spiritual disciplines (prayer, meditation, worship, service, fasting, etc.). I will continue my personal growth through the study of books and scriptures that exalt and glorify God and His Word, in order that I can be more effective in helping others grow.
- I will look up to Jesus as my model teacher and pastor. I desire to live his life (Galatians 2:20) as I do the work (as a husband, daddy, pastor, brother and friend) God has given me.